TAPPI is seeking nominations for its most prestigious awards that will be presented in 2024. Nominees should be individuals who distinguish themselves with significant industry contributions. Nominations are due by August 1 of each year for the award to be presented the following calendar year.
Nominations are currently being accepted for:
· Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award - the highest honor that TAPPI can bestow upon an individual and is granted to those who have made preeminent scientific and engineering achievements of proven applied benefit to the pulp, paper, board, and forest product industries.
· Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award - recognizes an individual that has exhibited exemplary leadership which has significantly contributed to the advancement of TAPPI.
· Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award - was established to recognize an individual whose outstanding leadership and exceptional service to one or more Local Sections has resulted in significant and demonstrable benefits to members.
· TAPPI PIMA Executive of the Year Award - is presented to senior-level executives in the tissue, pulp, paper, or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
· TAPPI Fellow – bestowed upon a member of TAPPI for not less than ten years prior to nomination and have contributed meritorious service to the Association and/or to the industry. The ten years of TAPPI membership may have been in any membership class or combination of classes: member, associate, affiliate, retired, local section, student, or sustaining member representative.
· TAPPI Young Professional of the Year Award - recognizes young professionals employed in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging, and associated industries for their contributions in the following areas: leadership, community service, and problem-solving contributions to scientific or engineering projects. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger, with no more than 10 years of industry experience, and have been a TAPPI member for a minimum of one year.
Complete nomination and selection procedures are fully outlined in our Honors Manual. For additional information, contact TAPPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a few minutes today and recommend a deserving peer or colleague. Simply complete the Nomination Form.