TAPPI is seeking nominations for its most prestigious awards that will be presented in 2022. Nominees should be individuals who distinguish themselves with significant industry contributions.
Please take a few minutes today and recommend a deserving peer or colleague. Nominations are due August 1, 2021.
Nominations are currently being accepted for:
- Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award - the highest honor that TAPPI can bestow upon an individual. It is granted to those who have made preeminent scientific and engineering achievements of proven applied benefit to the pulp, paper, board, and forest product industries. In addition to an engraved plaque and gold medallion, the winner receives an honorarium.
- Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award - recognizes an individual that has exhibited exemplary leadership that has significantly contributed to the advancement of TAPPI. The award is accompanied by an honorarium.
- Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award - was established to recognize an individual whose outstanding leadership and exceptional service to one or more Local Sections has resulted in significant and demonstrable benefits to members. The award is accompanied by an honorarium.
- TAPPI PIMA Executive of the Year Award - is presented to senior-level executives in the pulp, paper, or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
- TAPPI Young Professional of the Year Award - recognizes young professionals employed in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging, and associated industries for their contributions in the following areas: leadership, community service, and problem-solving contributions to scientific or engineering projects. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger, with no more than 10 years of industry experience, and have been a TAPPI member for a minimum of one year. Individuals can self-nominate for this award.
Complete nomination and selection procedures are fully outlined in our Honors Manual. For additional information, contact TAPPI at [email protected].