Mission – Why are we here?
Inspire and support the development of women in the forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and associated industries by serving as a resource for education and networking opportunities, that result in more women leaders in the industry, fostering overall industry health.
Vision – What is important to us?
The Women’s Leadership Committee will see:
- A competitive, diverse and dynamic industry that offers long-term, fulfilling careers where women and men work synergistically
- Easy access to a highly-valued portfolio of learning tools and networking opportunities to support personal growth and career development
- An industry with raised awareness and heightened appreciation for how the differences between women and men can lead to a more integrated, engaged, and successful workforce
To carry out these goals, we set up 4 sub-committees:
- Benchmarking: to develop metrics to measure our success Chair Paula Hajakian
- Solutions & Strategies for Career Advancement: to address the priorities expressed in the survey we conducted in the community Chair Maja Mejsner
- Celebrating Women Leaders/Awards: to put out there the profiles/stories of accomplished women in our industry to inspire others Chair Terri Robinson
- Engagement: to focus on strategies to attract and retain the interest of women in the community Chair Marcina Rogers
If you are interested in getting involved, please visit the Library for a more in depth look at the subcommittees via their Power Point presentations.
Most committees are open to all TAPPI members. If you’re not already a TAPPI member, please join or renew your membership online. To join a member group, contact our Member Connection Center at email@example.com or 1-800-332-8686 (US), 1-800-446-9431 (Canada), or +1-770-446-1400.
Please visit our Events Calendar to learn more about our variety of conferences, courses and webinars.
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Each year, TAPPI is proud to offer multiple scholarship opportunities to graduate and undergraduate students in the pulp, paper, packaging, and related industries. The deadline to submit applications for all Technical Division scholarships is February 15 for the following academic year.
Download the Application