Do you want to learn how to improve converting plant productivity?
→ This 3-day training helps you find all the points where you can influence operational efficiency.
→ You'll gain a better understanding of what new technologies and resources are available in converting operations.
This is a unique course covering the entirety of of converting operations.
You will find very few - if any - other training opportunities like this! Others may only focus on windings and nonwovens.
TAPPI's Tissue 202: Converting Operations Course instructors will focus on roll products and have designed this course to address two primary objectives:
- To define and explain the basic rolled products converting processes; and
- To describe how quality and variability impact runnability of complex tissue parent rolls (jumbo reel/soft roll).
Let the training instructors know what you need to learn!
A pre-course survey will be distributed to attendees so that they can share their questions or problems for real world solutions during the course.
What's Planned on the Agenda:
- Basic understanding of raw material (tissue reel) properties
- Basic understanding of each major roll converting sub process
- How sheet variability impacts each converting sub process
- Impact of each converting sub process on the final product
- Awareness of the safety hazards present in typical converting lines
- Efficiency of operations
- How to improve productivity
- Evaluating good performance (percentage of waste) in converting
- How to achieve excellent performance
- Why and how each component contributes to efficiency
- NEW! Online quality measurement from Pulsar and case packing from Edson
Included with your course registration are light breakfast snacks and breaks each day. Lunch and evening receptions on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please note: Course Seating is Limited
In order to provide the greatest benefit from discussions and demonstrations, attendance is limited to 20 people for this course. This seating cap ensures the class can be advantageously divided into smaller groups for the hands-on sessions taking place on the working web pilot line.
Stay Ahead of the Curve!
Instructor and Course Chair, Bruce Janda, wrote an article about tissue converting and the unique opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
Click here to read "Don't Overlook Tissue Converting." (PDF File) This article was originally published in TAPPI's Ahead of the Curve newsletter.