Mission – Why are we here?
Inspire and support the development of women in the forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and associated industries by serving as a resource for education and networking opportunities, that result in more women leaders in the industry, fostering overall industry health.
Vision – What is important to us?
The Women’s Leadership Committee will see:
- A competitive, diverse and dynamic industry that offers long-term, fulfilling careers where women and men work synergistically
- Easy access to a highly-valued portfolio of learning tools and networking opportunities to support personal growth and career development
- An industry with raised awareness and heightened appreciation for how the differences between women and men can lead to a more integrated, engaged, and successful workforce
To carry out these goals, we set up 4 sub-committees:
- Benchmarking: to develop metrics to measure our success Chair Paula Hajakian
- Solutions & Strategies for Career Advancement: to address the priorities expressed in the survey we conducted in the community Chair Maja Mejsner
- Celebrating Women Leaders/Awards: to put out there the profiles/stories of accomplished women in our industry to inspire others Chair Terri Robinson
- Engagement: to focus on strategies to attract and retain the interest of women in the community Chair Marcina Rogers
If you are interested in getting involved, please visit the Library for a more in depth look at the subcommittees via their Power Point presentations.
Most committees are open to all TAPPI members. If you’re not already a TAPPI member, please join or renew your membership online. To join a member group, contact our Member Connection Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-332-8686 (US), 1-800-446-9431 (Canada), or +1-770-446-1400.
Please visit our Events Calendar to learn more about our variety of conferences, courses and webinars.